Sunday, June 10, 2007

rambling

Are parties the funnest thing to do?

I think that parties can be a wicked good time. Someone else hosts you at a lovely house, free food, free drinks, funny people. It's easy to see why there are people that live for such events. I'm not sure how the "keg stand" evolved though, or "shotgunning" a beer. They are pretty funny to watch I suppose, I've never been involved in the former, but the latter is a nice way to get beer in your nose.

What I get from these things it that these humans are bored now, and require further stimulation. The people around them, the food, the drinks, they are no longer doing it for them. It's time to "take it up a notch" to about a 7 or an 8.

If I host my offspring's college graduation party/bbq, which I hope I will have the blessing of doing someday, and there is a keg there, what will run through my mind as he or she puts hands down on top of it waiting for someone else's foolish child to hoist their legs in the air.

I don't know. I mean, if that's what they think is fun and hilarious, who am I to tell them otherwise.

Well, besides their Father I mean.

Right.

Why do keg stands and drinking games and shotgunning beers grasp the minds of so many.

"OMG SHE HAS NEVER DONE A KEGSTAND"

So what?

I hope I'm never put on trial for this later in my life...

Your honor, no one offered to hold my legs...

lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could always plead the fifth.

Punintended.